Let’s talk skincare! With my love for makeup came my OBSESSION with skincare. The secret to flawless makeup is flawless skin! Might I add I don’t have perfect skin; however, I do know a thing or two about skincare. Recently, I’ve been finding so many great products for very inexpensive from Marshalls and TJ Maxx’s. If I was to buy some of the more expensive products in the picture above at Sephora I’m sure they would be double the price. When trying to successfully clear and maintain your skin you should consider these 9 steps:
- Cleanser: Cleansing is the most important step. Search high and low for a cleanser that you love. One that doesn’t dry your skin or doesn’t make your skin oily. I am the sample QUEEN. Before I bought the Glamglow Supercleanser (white bottle) I knew that I loved it from sampling it. When buying makeup/skincare I highly suggest always getting a free sample before purchasing it.
- Exfoliate: About 2-3 times a week I make sure I exfoliate to get rid of dead skin. Exfoliating is essential to healthy skin. I suggest that everyone should find an exfoliator that doesn’t irritate their skin but gets the job done.
- Mask: Masking is something I also do 2-3 times a week. I love masking! A couple of my favorite low-cost masks are Queen Helen Mint Julep and the Bentonite Clay mixed with apple cider vinegar mask. My favorite high-end is Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment.
- Toner: Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Face Tonic (green bottle) is a product that’s new in my regime. So far I like it a lot, but I find it stings a bit. I use it maybe 2-3 times a week. When I’m not using the face tonic I’m using my all time favorite Dickinson’s Witch Hazel.
- Spot treatment: I’m not one to use an acne spot treatment. However, for my dark spots, I use lemon essential oil and spot treat them. I don’t recommend lemon essential oil if you have sensitive skin. It stings! This is a fair warning. If you mix it with a moisturizer you won’t feel a thing.
- Serum: The serum I use is a Vitamin C and Collagen face serum. I found this serum at Marshall’s $5.99. I used to not think serum made a difference, but now that I’ve started using a serum I’m never going back!
- Eye cream: I’m a firm believer in eye creams. Eye creams are really light and specifically made for the area around your eye. I have dark circles and I hate them so I make sure I keep an eye cream in my regime.
- Moisturizer, Night Cream, & Face Oil: I’ve tried coconut oil as a face oil before and hated it. Becuase I have dry skin my preference is a moisturizer. Moisturizers keep my skin hydrated to the max. Lately, I’ve been using Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation moisturizer and I am in love. It is such a light everyday moisturizer.
- Pat dry your face in an upward motion with a clean WHITE washcloth to avoid breakouts from the dye in colored towels. To add, it is very important to wash, dry, and apply products to your face in an upward motion to avoid pulling of your skin.
In the morning, I’m typically pressed for time and only have time for cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. For the most part, I believe these are nine important steps you must take in order to have a successful skincare routine. Some people may even believe all these steps aren’t necessary but for me, these nine steps have done so much for my skin. A skincare regime is trial and error so you must find what works for you. I’ve changed my skincare routine drastically and definitely have noticed a difference. If you have any holy grail skincare products please let me know in the comments below! I’m a sucker for trying new products!
2 thoughts on “9 Steps You Must Follow to Secure Flawless Skin”
Unfortunately I made some bad experiences with Ole Henriksen. I had a set of samples from sephora one day and it was for day- and night care. Unfortunately every time I used it my whole face turned completely red and my whole skin was stinging.
But maybe my skin is just weird. Nice post btw 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Sorry to hear that! Products work differently for everyone so I get it. Good luck with finding products that work for you!